Vinyl siding is exterior finish that comes in many different shapes and styles such as lap, vertical, shake, and shingle. It is common to replace a houses soffit and fascia the same time the siding is being replaced. Siding is a virtually maintenance free product that can stand up to the toughest elements. Vinyl siding will never need painting and comes in a pleather of colors. A vinyl siding option which is becoming more popular with Premier Choice Exterior (PCE) customers is insulated back siding which will give the house a higher R-Value. PCE’s preferred siding vendors are CertainTeed and PlyGem (Mastic). At the bottom of this page is a list of what to expect on the day of installation. Lastly, we like to remind all clients to remove pictures and mirrors from exterior walls while work is in progress. It is not uncommon for walls to rattle while the new siding is being applied.
Hardie Board siding is a extremely durable product made of cement, sand, and cellulose fibers. Hardie is built to withstand all elements such as rain, snow, ice, humidity, wind, and hail. It holds great curb appeal while out performing most all competitors in the longevity and durability categories. If you reside in a heavily wooded area hardi is known to resist pest such as carpenter ants and termites given it is a cement based product. Hardie gives their customers a non-prorated 30 year warranty that is transferrable. This non combustible material will not contribute to a fire as it’s non combustible. The installation process takes a lot longer for Hardie than that of vinyl siding. At the bottom of this page is a list of what to expect on the day of installation. The overall steps and concepts are relatively the same with exception to Hardie having additional flashing points at all joints. Hardie also comes in a multitude of profiles and styles in which it can be installed. Please visit the James Hardie site to view all options.
- Shortly after materials are delivered a PCE representative will check to ensure they match what you signed off on and that the proper quantity is on site.
- On the day of your install your PCE project manager will circle your house to perform a 360 inspection before any work commences.
- The PCE crew will begin to stage their equipment on one or two sides of the house.
- Siding will be removed from the elevations they are staged on.
- Sheathing will be checked for integrity and tightened up where needed
- House wrap will be applied. All windows will be properly flashed with the house wrap
- Trims will be set into their places
- Install siding pieces.
- Install flashing between pieces for James Hardie materials
- Caulk all joints where needed and look over entire elevation before moving on
- Clean all debris from yard and run magnetic rake through yard to grab any loose nails
- Your PCE project manager should walk you around the house upon completion of the work to ensure your satisfaction.
At Premier Choice Exteriors we only use top performing premium products.
Contact PCE Today!
Premier Services for Maryland, Virginia and DC
- Silver Spring
- Takoma Park
- Chevy Chase
- Mount Airy
- College Park
- Rocky Ridge
- New Market
- New Windsor
- Point of Rocks
- Union Bridge